Okay, here are the details regarding my Springtime Bandit Shawl & a couple of photos:
Pattern: Springtime Bandit Shawl
Yarn: The Fibre Company Terra (40% Merino, 40% Alpaca, 20% Silk)
Colorway: Copper Pennies
Needles: US 9 (5.5 mm) needles; I used Addi Click Lace interchangeable needles with the 32"/80 cm cord. I probably would have been more comfortable if I used the 40"/100 cm cord, but I wanted to stick with the 32".
Ravelry Project Page: Springtime Bandit
Actual amount of yarn used: Every last drop of all four skeins. Prior to starting the shawl, I had done some research regarding how much yarn the shawl would actually use and found that most people came close to using the full amount of yarn. One person wrote in their project notes that they came down to the wire only have 14 grams of yarn left after binding off. Another project page that I came across said they had 36" of yarn left. Well, I knew that I would more than likely end up like the person left with only 36" of yarn left, so I was careful when joining each skein. Essentially I tried to leave as little of a yarn tail as possible at the joins. That really paid off because as I predicted, I was closer to the person with 36" of yarn left since I ended up with 28" of yarn left.
My advice regarding yarn? If you are nervous about having enough yarn, then definitely have a 5th skein as back up. I had a 5th skein myself and didn't end up needing it. Though being that close to the end, I probably wouldn't have used a 5th skein of yarn just to bind off. I put in a lifeline after Row 33 and if I hadn't had enough yarn, then I would have ripped back to the lifeline and bound off on a WS (purl) row.
Errata: There isn't any errata listed for this pattern, but through my research regarding the actual amount of yarn used, I came across several project pages that noted an error in Row 27 & Row 29 of the edging chart. Really the error is in Row 27 of the edging chart, but if you didn't catch it there, then it creates a problem in Row 29 that has to be fixed as a result. I've posted a picture here along with what I did to fix Row 27. I changed the two circled yarn overs into knit stitches and the rest of the edging chart worked out fine.
Overall impressions: This is a great pattern that knits up fast! Between the time I cast on and cast off, the pattern took just over 2 weeks. During that time I even had company visiting and didn't really get to spend a lot of time on it, just worked a couple of rows in the morning and at night. I also really loved this yarn. Very soft and easy to work with.